Solar panelling your house in Brisbane will bring you many benefits, including reduced electricity costs and the ability to use solar energy long into the future. When you choose to install solar panels at home, you're investing in your own financial and environmental future, and that's an investment you'll never regret making. Read on to learn more about the installation process and how much it can potentially save you over time.
Is it worth to installing solar?
Solar power is one of the cleanest and most abundant renewable energy sources available, harnessing the power of the sun to generate electricity. By offsetting your household's electricity consumption with solar panels, you can reduce your carbon footprint and minimize your impact on the environment. It also reduces your reliance on fossil fuels and other non-renewable resources, helping you save money by lowering your monthly energy bills.
How does Solar Energy work?
- Solar energy is captured and converted into usable electricity through photovoltaic cells (PV). The cells are made of semiconductor materials that produce an electric current when exposed to sunlight.
- A typical residential solar system consists of PV panels connected to a DC-to-AC inverter, which converts it from direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC). It then connects it to your home's electrical grid via a meter that measures how much power you use.
- Your solar panels store electricity during daylight hours when your home isn't using it. You can draw from your solar system's storage when you need to use electricity at night or on a cloudy day.
- The inverter converts direct current (DC) from your solar panels to alternating current (AC), used by your home's appliances and devices. Inverters are also responsible for monitoring your system, allowing you to track how much energy you're producing and using at any given time.
- Your home's electrical grid is a network of power lines that distribute electricity to your home and other buildings from a central source, such as a power plant or substation. The grid can also deliver excess solar energy you produce back to it for use by others, which is called net metering.
How much power do solar panels generate?
Today, the most common household system is 5 kilowatts or less. However, some property owners have installed systems up to 10 Kilowatts. A 5 kilowatt will produce approximately 20 kilowatts of energy per day, while a typical Australian home consumes 16-20 kilowatts (kWh). Our experts will discuss the available options with you and customize a solar solution that suits your budget and lifestyle.
The output of solar energy depends on three factors.
- The first is, of course, its size. The more panels you have, the more electricity they'll produce, which means your energy bill will go down, and you'll create less waste.
- Secondly, as sunlight increases with longitude—and seasons change from winter to summer to spring and back again—the amount of power produced by your solar system will vary over time. This means that your savings will differ depending on where you live and how many hours of sunshine you get each day.
- Finally, as technology improves, systems become more efficient at converting sunlight into electricity.
Key Benefits of Solar Panel Installation
- Solar power is 100% renewable and clean, so you can reduce your carbon footprint while saving money on electricity bills.
- Solar panels are a long-term investment that will pay for themselves many times over, as they last for 25 years or more with little to no maintenance required.
- Solar panels are an investment that also offers tax incentives and rebates from both state and federal governments so that you can save even more money in the long run!
- Solar panels are an investment that can be used to power your entire home or just a portion of it.
- Solar panels are an investment that is guaranteed to save you money over time, so you can rest easy knowing you're making a smart decision for your future!
What maintenance is required?
- Solar panels are very easy to maintain, especially on a tilt. Rain can wash away any debris.
- It is recommended to clean your solar panels between 2 and 4 times per year.
- A monitoring app will help you track the energy produced by your panels. You might need to clean your panels if you see a drop in production.
- Panel warranties do not cover solar panel maintenance or cleaning. However, if your panels are damaged, they will usually be covered.
How can you get commercial solar panels installed in Brisbane?
Solar Secure, a company that sells solar panels in Australia and offers a variety of affordable and customized solar packages. So commercial Solar Panel Brisbane applications are a part of it all!
A consultation is available where a team of experts visits your office to assess how to install the panels.
After the installation is complete, you don't have much to worry about. It is safe to say that you won't be disturbed by any other installation for two decades. We take care of the maintenance. The quality of the solar panel QLD is high-quality and long-lasting.
Solar energy is, without a doubt, our best long-term bet for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and keeping your electricity costs low. It is clean, renewable, and has zero adverse effects on air quality or public health—and let's not forget about those tax breaks!
You can also use any excess power generated by your solar panels to sell back to energy companies, which will bring you even more savings.