Power outages haven't gone away even in this day of sophisticated technology. It is still increasingly explicit and indeed commonplace nowadays. While generators offer a more traditional solution to the crisis, Solar Batteries eliminate many of the major drawbacks of traditional portable backup generators.
What are some of the generator's limitations?
Generators are readily available and easy to operate. However, there are a few cons.
- Generators are not economical: Unlike solar and storage, generators do not cover or help to balance your average power cost. As a consequence, any generator expenditures will be linked to your current energy bills.
- Carbon monoxide is emitted by generators: In combination with carbon monoxide, diesel-fuelled backup units transmit nitrous oxide, which can inflict dizziness, unconsciousness, and sometimes even fatality.
- Generators might be a fire hazard: They are unsafe in locations prone to wildfires, and stockpiling propane in an earthquake-prone area is also dangerous.
- Generators may be rather loud: While some of the more expensive inverter generators make roughly 50 dB, some can hit decibels as high as 120, which can be extremely irritating.
- Generators come with a shorter warranty and require more frequent maintenance: Portable and standby generators often come with a 3-5 year warranty that does not cover typical wear - and - tear. Customers must also activate most portable generators in regular intervals to maintain that the motor remains fully operational.
What role does a solar battery play in overcoming the generator's inadequacies?
- Solar batteries are very cost-effective and last for many years similar to a solar panel. Which pretty much suggests they're a one-time investment with long-term benefits.
- Solar batteries do damage the environment. They are a source of renewable energy that does not discharge hazardous emissions into the atmosphere.
- They are not a fire danger and are safe to handle.
- Solar batteries are completely quiet, producing roughly the same amount of noise as a refrigerator. Therefore do not end up causing any inconvenience.
- Warranty periods for battery systems can range on the north of 10 years, including complete parts and labour coverage. They're straightforward to keep up with, essentially the same thing as the "set it and forget it" scenario.
What are some of the additional benefits of a battery that make it a superior alternative to a generator?
- Solar batteries are safe to use: There is no need to maintain gasoline cans for replenishment and necessitate homeowners to run extension cables to operate equipment within the home.
- Extended periods of power: When the system goes down, a battery offers big 8 to 12 hours of battery backup without additional energy expenses or emissions. Solar batteries get their electricity directly from sunlight, which is the most abundant source of power. Your batteries would never run out of energy as long as the sun remains.
A solar battery and a generator are compared and contrasted here:
As a result, we can firmly argue that a solar battery is a preferable alternative to a generator. It is past time for us to adopt solar, as resources become limited and the human population continues to increase.