Each day, more and more people are investing in solar panel packages. And there is solid reasoning behind it. Solar power has witnessed many advancements in its system for the past few years, resulting in reducing its costs over the years.
Installation of a solar panel for your business and home will help you reduce your bills by not harming the environment. There are various solar panel packages, out of which the 6.6 kW solar system is the best seller solar package in Australia. But before installing these packages, one must be aware of certain things related to solar panels.
Here we will talk about those things and prepare you before buying a solar panel package.
Be fully informed about the structure, slope and repairing of your roof
- Every roof is different from one another. Some are wider, while some have limited space
- Make sure to check whether your roof has enough space to install a solar panel or not.
- These panels require a specific type of placement that will allow them to generate maximum power. Having a slope facing towards the east or west is the best option.
- Also, keep an eye on any damaged area on your roof and repair it before installing your solar panels. Since a roof with damage may not be appropriate for solar panels
- Lastly, make sure to get a solar warranty that lasts as long as your roof warranty does
- Do not put excessive weight on your roof while installing the panels since it may result in collapse
Choose the solar panel carefully
There are three major kinds of solar panels present in the market. Each has a different power generating capacity and cost. While some are expensive, some are space-efficient.
- The monocrystalline solar panel is a long-lasting and space-efficient panel. It comes with a hefty price but is worth the expense because of its pure silicon use and fantastic mechanism
- The polycrystalline solar panels use different silicon crystals for their structure and have a low tolerance for heat. They are a bit less efficient and take up more space but are quite affordable.
- The thin-film solar panels are very flexible but less efficient. They are available in different sizes and are easy to install.
Along with the various types, one must also take a look into the different solar panel packages.
- A 6.6kw solar system is appropriate for medium and large houses. They are excellent in their performance and produces a substantial amount of electricity to run your entire household smoothly.
- The 10kw solar system is a fantastic choice for small businesses and large families. They are affordable and provide the perfect balance of excellent capability of power. The excess electricity that a 10kw solar system produces can be used in future by storing it in solar battery storage.
- The 13.3 kW solar system is perfect for small commercial areas and large residences. They provide appropriate energy as per the needs of an average Australian house. The excess electricity that a 13.3kw solar system produces can be used in future by storing it in solar battery storage.
Do thorough research before the installation of the panels
- Do not be impatient and randomly choose a contractor. Look around and research well
- Take the opinions of those neighbours and friends who have already installed solar panels.
- Make sure to keep a note of their customer reviews and market goodwill
- Review their credentials well and clear all your doubts
- Choose someone who will be available for you in the long term and carefully look into your needs.
Keep a check on your budget
People always want to solely spend as little as possible when investing in something new. But a cheap solar panel may not always be the best. Since they are a one-time investment, make sure to select the best.
Going for an affordable option at the installation time may result in more significant damage and expense later. So, therefore, before buying a solar panel, make sure to have enough funds for purchasing the best.
Make sure to get a proper warranty.
Warranties are essential when buying a solar panel. Therefore, before buying your solar panel, make sure to have a good contract. They will allow the fixing of your solar panels if any damage occurs to them in future, without paying additional charges.
There are different types of warranty, and each of them lasts for a different number of years. Make sure to get a good confirmation that lasts for a long term to save your budget.
Make use of the government rebates
The government of Australia provides a good amount of rebate to those who install solar panels. Australian federal government provide rebate in terms of STCs (Small Scale Technology Certificates) for Small businesses and LGCs (Large Scale Technology Certificates).
The Australian government is constantly trying to work for more similar programs to opt for this option. Therefore, before installing the boards, make sure to check out the rebate programs carefully. Some state government and council also provide additional rebate on solar packages.
Before installing solar panels, make sure to go through all the specifications mentioned above to ensure a safe buying. While buying these solar packages, many things will be new to you, but this guide will help you overcome those.
If you have any general questions, freely consider reaching us. We are always available to guide you in making the right choice.