Solar energy is the most practical answer at present, given the rapidly diminishing non-renewable resources. Solar panels function even on cloudy days, so if you're apprehensive about their potential to illuminate your home on rainy days, don't be.
The burden on the environment is growing as a result of the increased demand for power throughout the world. The rising monthly costs are having a significant impact on people's wallets. Solar panels will not only aid in reducing that burden, but they will also significantly reduce environmental pollution.
Solar batteries are beneficial for optimizing the efficiency of your solar panel. If you prefer a comfortable, hassle-free, and consistent way to dodge power outages, you'll require a solar battery alongside your solar panels.
The government has devised several initiatives to encourage residents to embrace solar panels and solar batteries rather than common sources of electricity.
What is the Solar Homes Program Victoria?
This program aimed to encourage citizens to adopt solar energy, i.e., solar panels and solar batteries.
The Solar Homes Program supports eligible Victorian families to install solar batteries by offering a point-of-sale discount of up to $4,174 until rebates are entirely distributed, after which the price comes down to $3,500.
What are the Parameters for Eligibility?
Victorians who match all of the following requirements are qualified to apply for a battery rebate:
- Solar PV panels with a capability of 5kW or more are previously installed on the premises.
- To securely connect a battery to the grid, you must immediately get pre-approval from your Distributed Network Service Provider (DNSP).
- The energy storage alternative is on Solar Victoria's Approved Battery List, and there is no pre-existing energy storage device on the premises.
- They are both the owner and the occupant of the premises where the system will be implemented.
- All owners' cumulative family taxable income is less than $180,000 per year (as per the Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment).
- It is an existing property with a present council rates notification valuation of less than $3 million.
- They haven't previously secured a rebate from the Solar Homes Program as an owner cum occupier.
- The property address has not been featured in the Solar Homes Program beforehand.
- The owner(s) consent to obtain information from their Distribution Network Service Provider about partaking in battery trials, in particular, to get the optimum benefit out of them.
What is the Application Process for the Solar Homes Programme?
- Before you agree to terms for solar panel installation, be sure you fully comprehend the processes and qualifying parameters.
- After you've successfully done your analysis and identified the certified solar merchant like the Solar Secure you want to deal with, approach them for a price point.
- Your licensed solar dealer should offer you a formal estimate which is posted to the Solar Victoria Portal (the Portal).
- The Portal will send an email informing you that your quotation has been securely uploaded.
- Candidates must confirm with their distributor to verify whether they have acquired pre-approval from the Distribution Network Service Provider (DNSP) and if any solar exporting restrictions have been levied on them.
- You may get your quotation via the Portal's email notification to start your eligibility process.
- After successfully signing in to the Portal, you may select the quote issued to you by your retailer as a preliminary step for establishing your qualification.
- Solar Victoria will issue you with a specific eligibility code and QR code that your installer must scan to make progress with your installation process once you have been validated as qualified.
- The setup will not be ready to initiate without this eligibility code and QR code.
The government is launching a slew of initiatives to inspire residents to invest in solar panels. With costs plummeting and non-renewable resources under jeopardy, now may be the perfect moment to transition from traditional power generation to solar energy. You may get a free quotation from us and help to make the world a greener place.