Do you know that in the last few years, houses with solar panel on their roofs have gained much popularity. This technology is prevailing since decades. It came with the hands of NASA. They have long been using solar-powered satellites, probably since as early as 1960s. With the rising demands of energy and reducing the supply of it, solar power has gained its market.
Understanding Solar Power For Your Home
Solar energy, as we all are well aware, is a source of renewable energy. This form of energy is gaining ground mainly due to its large array of benefits. From the solar installation process to maintenance and cost, everything is low if compared to the conventional sources. In countries where all through the year sunlight is available in abundance, solar energy harnessing has become even more popular.
These countries are focusing on harnessing adequate technology to get the most out of this energy and easily convert it to conventional electric power. Solar panels are the devices that will absorb solar energy and then convert it to electric power. This will be done through a special process called the photovoltaic (PV) effect.
Features Of A Home With Solar Power
A home with solar power has a few requirements.
1) It must have enough electrical energy so that it can fulfil the power requirements of all the appliances.
2) The supply of AC power which is a must because all the houses use this power to operate any appliances such as computers, mixers, air conditioners, fans and so on.
Things To Consider Before Installing Solar Batteries In Your Home
- The basic thing to consider is the geographical location of the house with respect to receiving the solar radiation levels. When it comes to installing and using solar panels in your home, being geographically closer to the equator is always better. This is because the sun's rays are most prominent nearer to the equator.
- The timing of the production of solar power is another factor to be considered. The production must be made in the afternoon, which will make sure that maximum solar power is made available for electricity generation.
- An equally important factor is the houses' orientation. Orientation indicates the inclination of the house. For the rooftop arrays, it is crucial to have a south-facing roof that is not blocked by trees or any other such objects. The presence of these objects obstructs the sunlight and minimizes the amount of solar energy available to the house. If this situation cannot be made available, then additional costs are incurred for the extra hardware, equipment, and cables that are required to mount the panels on any external support. Also, in these cases, the panels are installed not on the roof but away from the house.
- The last crucial factor to consider is cleanliness. If the panels accumulate too much dust or any bird dropping, then it can reduce the amount of solar power that strikes them. If the dust accumulates for long enough, then it might also lessen the lifespan of the solar panels. So you must take adequate care to regularly clean them.
Key Takeaways Of Solar Panel Installation
Let's get to know what will be your benefit from the solar installation process in your home.
- Planning to go green? Then you may think of converting your home with solar power. It will reduce your carbon footprint, and your contribution towards pollution will be lesser.
- It will give you a scope to be of help to your neighbours. Solar power is extremely good for the natural environment, and all the excess power that you are generating in your home can go to the grid.
- Solar panels are stationary in nature and have no movable parts. They come to your roof as a completely stationary system, and after its installation, all you need to do is keep them clean on a regular basis.
- The costs of both installation and maintenance have come drastically down over the past few years. Solar energy does require much maintenance if compared to your regular grid power.
Solar panels are the future of your home. This renewable resource has captured the market in the long run, and solar panels come with cost-effectivity, longevity and low maintenance. Although it comes with a long-term investment, it is quite environmentally friendly and will reduce your carbon footprint. You should decide on installing this technology if you look forward to avoiding any future fluctuations in electricity, both with respect to cost and supply. So, when are you shifting?